Saturday, November 13, 2010

Old Dogs, New Tricks?

Ever find yourself in a routine? Even with my family of two kiddos and a husband we have a semi-routine.
How about those habits you do, and don't even know why? I know I've got those too.

Ms. Daisy and my Knight got onto a pretty big mountain today and decided to battle. Sort of a nice way to say my Knight got upset and finally "drew the line", so to speak.

I wish it was easy for people to change, but it's not. It's hard for me to change. God's so faithful to keep trying, even though He knows what I will do before He tries. And when I mess it up, He still keeps trying. I gotta ask my princess' favorite question, "Why?"

Because of my favorite verse. It's my favorite verse because it gives me hope that God is not done with me. . . .despite how much I fight Him at times.
It's Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ".

Hope. He's not going to quit on me until I am like Him.

People are people. We are all sinners who try to look nice and clean up the outside to look good for others. What we need to worry about is how God sees us.

If you are one of His children, He has begun a very good work in you, and He's going to finish it - no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment