Sunday, November 28, 2010

Who's Up for Another Roller-Coaster Ride?

What an emotionally challenging weekend.. and nothing had to do with Thanksgiving!

Yesterday Ms. Daisy hogged the tv all day and refused to let anyone watch it. Funny, but the last time I checked, MY name was on the cable bill and MY name is on this house. Without throwing her too much to the "dogs" I'll just say that I can't wait until her house is sold (it's not even on the market yet.. ahem, Morbid Man).

Today my day was much better - until. . . Someone broke my son's heart. One simple small action almost ruined him for the day. I tried to get him to calm down, but in the process I started crying too. It wasn't someone trying to be mean, it was someone that I know would never intentionally hurt my son. They told him he couldn't have something he really wanted because I hadn't paid for it yet. This was true, but I didn't know I had to pre-pay. We had originally agreed that I would pay at the first of the month and the last time I checked it's not December yet. I did speak to this person (an adult) that hurt my son, but I know I did not handle the situation well. I wanted to scream, yell, shake her and ask her, "What were you thinking!?" Instead I tried my hardest to fight back the tears and urge to yell, but I know we're not done with the conversation. I'm going to have to go into the church office and pay. . .and they'll probably be there.

I heard someone joke once that "the ministry" would be so much easier if you didn't have to deal with people. But that's why God made us all so different and put us in situations together.

I only pray that I handle things with Ms. Daisy and this lady in the way that God wants me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment